High School Preparation Program
We seek to prepare every scholar who graduates from an Equitas Middle School to matriculate to a high quality high school where they will personally thrive and continue on the path to college.
To achieve this goal, the high school preparation program provides the following supports to middle school scholars and their families:
- Introduces scholars to area high schools through field trips and a high school fair.
- Facilitates one-on-one high school planning meetings and next steps.
- Recommends at least four high schools that could be a strong fit for each scholar based on their academic history, interests, strengths, needs, and geographic preferences. Then, supports scholars and their family in the application process to these high schools.
- Facilitates family workshops on topics such as applying to charter, magnet and private high schools, applying for financial aid, choosing a school that is best for your child, and supporting your child in the transition to high school.
- Builds partnership with area high schools.
- Supports middle school scholars in building skills in the academic application process, including high school entrance exam preparation, personal statement writing, and interview skills.